The software program was developed with the help of local developers. The software was designed so that once a DL or vehicle number is entered, it will check the following details:
- Driving License Details: a)Once a number is entered, it will give all the DL details. With that, we can check whether the license is fake or original.b) the registration details can be checked to know the owner, type, make model and color of vehicle to see if the number plate is genuine or fake.c) The vehicle number will be checked with the stolen data of vehicles and if it matches, it will give an alert to checking officer.d) The pending E-Challans on the vehicle can be obtained. After the vehicle owner’s cell number is entered, an SMS will be sent alerting him about pending E-Challans and asking him to clear the dues. An E-Notice is printed giving details of pending E-Challans and acknowledgement taken. If not cleared in 15 days and caught again, the vehicle is detained.
- Also the manual writing of VCR was eliminated and a electronic vehicle check report (e-VCR) can be printed once a violation is entered viz., absence of DL; absence of RC; absence of Insurance etc. The machines are being used in drunken drive checking also.
- The payment of e-Challans is now integrated with Mee-Seva centers in addition to AP Online so as to enable the citizens to pay without inconvenience.
- Negotiations are on with SBI/ICICI Bank to give payment gateway facilities to Credit/Debit card holders and online payments through bank accounts.
- The system totally eliminated handling of cash by the Traffic Police Officers and SMS alerts to the owners ensure transparency/prevention of corruption.
- The same system tracks the vehicle from detention on the road to release from the dump yard.
- Metrics are generated on which officer checked how many vehicles at which place at what time etc.
- The PDAs have a printer, FP Device, Camera (2 MPxl), Smart Card reader, Credit/Debit card Swiper all in-built and is Adhar Complaint.