Check List for Land Purchase
CHECK-LIST TO PURCHASE A FLAT / COMMERCIAL SPACE
- Request for the documents in originals for verification of copies.
- Hire an attorney with experience in civil litigation to verify records and give written legal opinion.
Collect all link documents.
- Check for chain of ownership. A series of registrations do not constitute chain of ownership.
- Recorded history of ownership can be obtained only from Revenue Records. For each change of ownership, proceedings of the MRO/Tahsildar and entry in mutation register are necessary.
- In case of flat or a property in urban area, verify ownership from VMC by yourself or by legal council and make local enquiries.
- In case of urban built up property, check if the construction had municipal permission. Verify approved design against the actual construction.
- Check the power of Attorney, if the seller has actually the right to sell the property. If possible contact person giving the Power of attorney and ascertain whether he has given power of attorney or not. Also check up whether he has given GPA to any other person earlier.
- Check designated land use of the property from MRO office as to whether the said land is Assigned land, Agricultural land or Inaam land.
Collect the following documents:
- Encumbrance Certificate.
- Recent vacant land tax receipt / House tax receipt Pattadar passbook.
- Title deed.
- Check if the property is free from any and all types of encroachments.
- Check if property has been mortgaged or if any case filed in court. Check up with records of MRO office and Sub Registrar office concerned.
- Check if all due payments has been paid to AP TRANSCO.
- Obtain physical delivery of the property and of the title deeds.