Most of the motor bikes are stolen when left outdoors unattended – both during day and nights. It was found in many cases that these vehicles did not have double locking system or good locks. During nights some thieves abandoned them as soon as the fuel tank goes dry. Some dismantle them, some sell them at a cheaper price without documents and many thieves use them to commit crimes again.
To avoid automobile thefts follow the tips:
- Park your vehicle in the visual frame of a CC camera wherever possible.
- Use wheel lock for two wheeler and change the locks every year.
- Always park with the windows up and doors locked.
- Do not give lift to strangers.
- Use securing devises like steering lock, clutch lock, break lock etc.
- Double check all doors.
- Install loud alarm systems in your car.
- Never leave the key dangling in the ignition.
- Do not park in no parking areas.
- Always have your vehicle insured.
- Keep your vehicle secure. Thieves can make duplicate keys.
- If possible have keep an eye on your vehicle during shopping if it does not have valet parking place.
- Put cover over your vehicles when parked them outside your homes so it does not attract the attention of the thieves.
- Do not leave valuables i.e. mobile phones, Laptops etc. inside the car even if it is locked.
- Keep copies of your RC book, Insurance papers at one or two secure locations in your house for ready reference in case of theft. It is even better if you can keep their scanned copies or photographs in your mobile phone or cloud. IN case of theft, Dial 100 and inform the police immediately so that possible escape routes of the thief can be sealed and checking launched. Loss of time can result in the thief crossing the borders.